In Outlook and Army Web Mail, when I try to open a link in a mail document I get a pop-up from Firefox stating, and I quote, "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (blockedhttp) isn't associated with any program." I can not find anything on the "Blockedhttp" issue anywhere. Please pass along what ever youo may know. I have got to "unblock" this problem...
Look at the URL bar. Sometimes sites put words together (on accident, of course). For example, Please check the site herehttp://google.com/ . Firefox would then report it couldn't find herehttp. So try removing the 'blocked' part and it should work.
No it is not just words put together. It happens every time I try to open ANY link??? Can I truly be one of Two people with this problem???
Thanks to anyone willing to try and help...
You are not alone. But you have to manually edit URLs due to AKO policy. Please see this post, too:
This is very frustrating and I hope someone with more experience than me can help us solve this problem. I have a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.6.6, with Safari, Firefox, and Chrome installed. My email provider is the US Army/Army Knowledge Online (AKO) and it is definitely caused by the AKO policy described on one of the pages above. However, there is no reason I should not be able to modify my own computer to interpret "blockedhttp://" as "http://"--I just don't know how to do it. I have found and tried two extension handler preference panes, More internet (moreinternet1.2.dmg) and Rubicode's Default App (RCDefaultApp-2.1.X.dmg). I made Firefox choose itself for "blockedhttps://" and now when I click on such a link, Firefox repeatedly opens a tab "Untitled"--again and again--so that it is nearly impossible to close, which is the only way to interrupt the loop! The WORKAROUND article at http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/blocked-hyp
Also, the technique for mapping a custom protocol to an application on a Mac (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/471581/how-to-m