cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox crashes facebook, tumblr and youtube several times a day having to reset firefox atleast once a day

Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox crashes facebook, tumblr and youtube several times a day having to reset firefox atleast once a day

I will be surfing on the websites stated in the question and all of a sudden, the page will go all wonky and even if i refresh, close the window and reopen or even restart the computer it will still be unable to be used and it's like a plugin is missing and nothing can be clicked and its rendered unusable. It happens multiple times a day and the only fix is to reset firefox which gets really annoying after a while.

23 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Firefox crashes facebook, tumblr and youtube several times a day having to reset firefox atleast once a day

When you say reset Firefox, do you mean this? If not, I recommend following those steps.

New Contributor

Re: Firefox crashes facebook, tumblr and youtube several times a day having to reset firefox atleast once a day

I do this, several times a day. it's only a temporary fix.

Regular Contributor

Most people only need to do a reset once or twice ever. I wonder if doing that many resets has contributed to the problem.

Maybe someone more experienced with this can share their thoughts...

New Contributor

It's the fix i found online first for the problem. I'm hoping someone can help me find a permanent solution.

Site Moderator

You can first try some basic steps like these before doing a reset:

Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.

• Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
  • Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
  • Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)

Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

• Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

• Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"

Did Firefox actually crash or do you only have a problem with accessing those websites?

If you have submitted crash reports then please post the IDs of one or more crash reports that have this format:

• bp-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

You can find the IDs of the submitted crash reports on the about:crashes page.

• You can open the about:crashes page via the location bar, like you open a website.

See:

New Contributor

When I receive the "Firefox has updated, restart your computer" messages, there is no option to say, "No." Usually this is not a problem. Until the latest. I am on Safari at the moment, because every stinking time I go on Facebook using Firefox, I get the Spinning Beachball of Death, have to force quit Firefox, and start again via Safari. I'm certain the Mozilla elves are working feverishly 'cause I'll bet I'm not alone.

New Contributor

I have this exact problem. I have tried other solutions but the only thing that works is a reset of Firefox. Mine is a daily occurrence. Doe it happen with Chrome? If not, I'm tempted to switch though I love Firefox.

Regular Contributor

Crossman, do you also reset Firefox often? Most users should only need to do this once or twice ever, so if you have been doing this often it could have contributed to the problem.

Site Moderator

Resetting firefox often isn't going to make this happen. If you are getting a crash, please give us the crash id so then we can diagnose the crash instead of stabbing in the dark.

1. Enter about:crashes in the Firefox location bar (that's where you enter your website names) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
  2. Copy the most recent 5 report IDs that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your forum response.

More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.