cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox crashes constantly, even in safe mode

Highlighted
New User

Firefox crashes constantly, even in safe mode

A couple of days ago Firefox started crashing repeatedly. I've tried the following: Opening in Safe mode (still crashes) Updated to 13.0 Total uninstall (including deleting all files and folders; I got my personal information back by syncing)

15 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Firefox crashes constantly, even in safe mode

See also:

You can disable the Java Quick Starter extension because you do not need it.

• Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions
  • Control Panel -> Java -> Advanced tab -> Miscellaneous -> Java Quick Starter (disable)

See:

You can also try to disable the Google Desktop.

New User

All addons and extensions were already disabled. I've now disabled Javaquickstart in the Java control panel. It's still crashing.

The same here, see my post in the German Arch Linux forum. Firefox even crashes with all plugins disabled. Also some windows (e.g. for bookmarking) are not rendered, I get only a grey box.

I updated the system this weekend (after a week of offline vacation...) and now have serios problems with Firefox. I even downgraded to version 12, but the same result. I believe that it has to do with another package that has been updated.

The system is an old IBM ThinkPad T23 with DM slim and WM fluxbox.

Site Moderator

HotblackDesiato

Could you please start a new thread for your problem and post the link here, so other see it as well?

Then you can provide troubleshooting information like your operating system and installed extensions and installed plugins.

New User

Same problem here, I've had crashing problems for ages but as of today Firefox 13 crashes within 10 - 15 seconds of opening in safe mode, on a fresh profile after a complete reinstall. Today's crash reports (all within 5 minutes of each other, completely repeatable in safe mode or otherwise):

bp-7ee52887-ddce-4de5-9479-f3d1c2120610

bp-92a99839-a6a7-4c15-934a-426052120610

bp-0b06dc38-65fc-460d-940a-2d1fe2120610

bp-4daeebc1-e4ac-4152-a4c9-5d3022120610

bp-ac4a7758-13fc-400a-8e9c-e18552120610

bp-2e557d8c-0903-4c5b-a1aa-a86632120610

bp-9be06181-8de0-443e-9b6c-7de2e2120610

All crashes after a fresh reboot, the top two I believe are in safe mode (if not the top ONE definitely is).

New User

Quick update - a 'Reset Firefox' did nothing, the crash persisted. I then uninstalled again, redownloaded and reinstalled Firefox and I think the problem is resolved. This is the second time in a couple of months I've had to do something like this, and I'm still ignoring the huge memory leak that sees Firefox using 2 or 3GB of RAM after only running for a few hours.

I'm disappointed, this used to be the best browser, if it weren't for a couple of plugins that I can't live without I'd have gone to Chrome months ago.

New User

Still crashing. It seems to do so most with pages that update frequently, such as news sites.

Site Moderator
New User

I already disabled all plugins and extensions. That includes Java.

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but most of the times that Firefox crashes it brings down Thunderbird as well. Chrome also started crashing. I repaired my Internet connection using the the Windows tool and also using Winsock Fix.

Still crashing.