cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox crashes EVERY TIME i open it. Help please!!!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox crashes EVERY TIME i open it. Help please!!!

All of a sudden, my firefox crashed on me, and every time I try to re-open it, it keeps on crashing. I tried everything on here: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Firefox%20crashes%20when%20you%20open%20it#w_not-running-the-lat... It doesn't load on safe mode. I don't know what to do. Please help...

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Firefox crashes EVERY TIME i open it. Help please!!!

You can do a check for corrupted and duplicate fonts and other font issues:

New Contributor

But I never installed any fonts...

Site Moderator

Even if you haven't installed new fonts yourself then it is still possible that one or more fonts aren't working properly, so you can still test them with the Font Book application just to be sure.

Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

• Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
New Contributor

The "Use hardware acceleration" was already checked, so I unchecked it. It still doesn't seem to do the trick... Am I out of hope?

New Contributor

How do I check for corrupted fonts? I clicked on those two links and I couldn't figure out what to do (i'm really technologically slow)

New Contributor

I had this problem too, so just in case I ran a Malware scanner, it found and removed some questionable files and so far Firefox seems to be working as normal again.

New Contributor

Where can I get a Malware scanner? Do i need to scan even though I have a Mac?

New Contributor

I used Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/ which is free. I don't think they have a Mac version though and even though you're on a Mac, it might be worthwhile to scan for malware. Do a search for a Mac malware scanner, there will probably be a free versions out there.

Site Moderator

See: