cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox Won't redirect on the PayPal login Page....

Highlighted
New User

Firefox Won't redirect on the PayPal login Page....

If I uncheck [Options] General] "Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page", then when I login to paypal I am forwarded to my account normally... However, I like to keep this check. So When I have: [Options] General] "Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page" CHECKED and login to PayPal I get STUCK on the spinning animation while the page tries to redirect. NOTE: I am not presented with the "Allow" button to allow the forward while on the PayPal website. I do see the "Allow" button on other sites.... I use to just click the PayPal link on that page that said "Click HERE if this pafe dows not load within 5 seconds" but, PayPal has now removed that link and I am getting Stuck...

So, my question here is: "Why do I not see the "Allow" button on PayPal when the redirect is caught?

Yes I have deleted and cleared everything. This has been happening forever.

Thank you kindly for your participating in a resolution to my question...

24 REPLIES
New User

Re: Firefox Won't redirect on the PayPal login Page....

Hello?

New User

Hellooooo

New User

wow I was expecting more knowledge from the forum but I guess everyone here is looking for help instead of offering it. Good luck everyone.

SUMO Contributor

Hi,

The people who answer questions here, for the most part, are other Firefox users volunteering their time (like me), not Mozilla employees or Firefox developers.

If you want to leave feedback for Firefox developers, you can go to the Firefox Help menu and select Submit Feedback... or use this link. Your feedback gets collected at http://input.mozilla.org/, where a team of people read it and gather data about the most common issues.

SUMO Contributor

Go to the Mozilla Add-ons Web Page {web link} (There’s a lot of good stuff here) and search for what you want.

I have already did a search, but I don't know if these will help you.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=redirect

New User

Thank you Fred for pointing me into the right direction. I have submitted this information as detailed as I could. I appreciate your help.

Me

Have this problem too. On slow computer you can see a notification bar shows for a moment and disappear. On fast computer nothing shows at all.

FF30, Windows 7 x64

Site Moderator

Note that the setting in "Options > Advanced > General" is meant as an accessibility feature, as you can see by the label of that section, so that people with disabilities or people who use screen readers do not get confused and is not meant as a safety protection to stop redirecting.

See also:

New User

Thanks for the reply but it is meant to alert the user when a page is attempting to redirect. So I do not go for the notion that you suggested.

In any case, when activated, it is supposed to alert the user the page is being redirected with a button that says "ALLOW" which it IS NOT DOING. The page HANGS........... And since PayPal removed the link "Click here if you are not redirected within 5 seconds", there is nothing I can do except use Internet Explorer to access PayPal. I have always use the feature to be notified when sites are redirecting.

Why is the button "ALLOW" not being displayed on this page????

2014-07-05-07-05-36-44a50f.png