cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox Sync. Setup complete message keeps apearing whenever I open firefox!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox Sync. Setup complete message keeps apearing whenever I open firefox!

Firefox Sync. Whenever I open firefox or press the home button I get the setup complete screen! Why is this happening??? I have 6 computers I have setup sync on and this is happening on all of these computers. Sync seems to be working but I keep getting this annoying window opening on me.

3 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Firefox Sync. Setup complete message keeps apearing whenever I open firefox!

hello, please check under firefox > options > general that your desired homepage is set there.

How to set the home page

New Contributor

Re: Firefox Sync. Setup complete message keeps apearing whenever I open firefox!

It opens TWO tabs. My normal homepage and than the setup complete page. Look at the image. It does this every single time I open firefox or press the home button! I do know there was a problem with the sync servers earlier in the week so Im wondering if they are still broken.

2013-03-17-17-08-52-911af7.png
Site Moderator

You can check for problems with preferences and try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.