Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox Problem with Youtube: "An error occurred. Please try again later."

Highlighted
New User

Firefox Problem with Youtube: "An error occurred. Please try again later."

Dear Everyone:

I use Firefox (V11.0) on a Mac OS X (V10.6.8). I have a persistent problem with Youtube. When I view a video, I may get the message: "An error occurred. Please try again later".

The frequency of this problem varies from day to day. Sometimes, it happens to almost every video, and sometimes, it rarely happens; sometimes, "reloading" it once or twice, the video begins to play, and sometimes, it never plays no matter how many times I reload it.

I also have Safari (V5.1.4) on my machine, and it does not have the above problem.

Could you let me know how to resolve the problem with Firefox?

Thank you! qquito

36 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Firefox Problem with Youtube: "An error occurred. Please try again later."

Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.

"Clear the Cache":

• Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"

"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:

• Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
New User

cor-el: Thank you for your information!

I did both following your suggestion. However, the problem still occurs fairly frequently.

Site Moderator

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

New User

cor-el: Thank you for suggesting the Safe Mode. Tried it only to find that it made the problem even worse: Now no video works. Even though after I resumed the normal mode, the problem continues. And now I have to switch to Safari.

New User

Just let everyone know that the message, "An error occurred. Please try again later.", suddenly completely disappeared on Friday, May 25, 2012, and so far, so good.

I assume this is because folks working for Youtube did something, but I am not very sure about this.

Many thanks to whoever solved the problem!

New User

New User

Tried the link - it only goes to the new Flash 11.3.300.257 - which is what may be the problem, since this started with the Flash update. YouTube videos do not play at all - I just get the error message. HELP!!! I love Firefox, but I've tried all the suggestions above and need a browser that plays YouTube to do homework (lessons on YT, no, I'm not just goofing off!).

New User

This is a direct weblink for downloading (flash player uninstaller and flash player 10 installation. 1. uninstall flash player with uninstaller, and 2. run flash player 10 installation

http://hodoljubve.vitezovi.org/flash-resenje.zip

New User

It worked for me, than you, zukadizajn.