cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox Causes "BLUE SCREEN CRASH"

Highlighted
Grand Master Contributor

Firefox Causes "BLUE SCREEN CRASH"

Hello There. To my utter dismay I am forced to use Chrome to access this forum. The reason is the moment I use Firefox (3) my computer crashes and I get the dreaded windows blue screen. I have been using ff for a long time now without problems. Yesterday I updated adobe flash player, but have now uninstalled flash player in the hope that the problem is resolved. No luck. I can use my computer in normal manner without problems, but the moment I use ff it crashes

36 REPLIES
Grand Master Contributor

Re: Firefox Causes "BLUE SCREEN CRASH"

I have the exact same problem. I have been a firefox 3.6.3 user for many years. This seems to be caused by the Adobe Flash player update. I can play youtube videos and flash audio for awhile but all of a sudden my computer blue screens. I am using XP Pro SP3 and Firefox 3.6.3.

Site Moderator

Can you give me the crash report ID from Firfox when it crashes? It is located at Start--Type in "%APPDATA%" without quotes, click on the Roaming folder then go to Mozilla/Firefox/Crash Reports/Submitted.

Paste the .txt files here.

Thanks, Moses Firefox Support

Site Moderator

Aaron S,

Please start a new thread so we may see your Firefox information

Thanks, Moses Firefox Support

Grand Master Contributor

Hello Moses I have several files in the submitted folder, but the dates are quite old. The latest is for about one week ago. Even though my comp crashed two hours ago I cannot see a crash report for today. Jan

Site Moderator

Jan,

Can you still give me the most recent one from last year or two years ago or whenever the last crash was?

Thanks Moses Firefox Support

Site Moderator

If Windows crashes and shows a BSOD then that would indicate a problem with a system driver or a service (e.g. Firewall or Anti-virus software) that is not compatible with Firefox.

Site Moderator

Sorry Jan,

cor-el is right. It is probably a system error with Windows.

Im sorry I gave you incorrect information Smiley Sad

Grand Master Contributor

Hello Guys I can do anything on my computer, work on it for hours without any problems. As soon as I start using Firefox, sometimes immediately, sometimes after a minute or so my computer will crash. THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN USING FIREFOX. As said before I have always used Firefox, and hate using anything else. Now forced to use alternate browser.

Grand Master Contributor

Multiple BSOD's the past few weeks on my Vista PC, each reporting different problems (memory, drivers, etc.), but the components always checkout as okay, and the BSOD's only happen when I'm using Firefox (3.6.x)