cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 9.0.1 won't stream videos on Netflix - goes to black screen.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox 9.0.1 won't stream videos on Netflix - goes to black screen.

I updated my Mac to Firefox 9.0.1 and now cannot get videos to stream on Netflix. It just goes to a black screen. I googled the bug and found a conversation but I don't speak tech.

I am running Silverlight 5.0.61118.0. How can I a) fix this or b) revert back to another version of Firefox that will allow me to stream.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Firefox 9.0.1 won't stream videos on Netflix - goes to black screen.

Close Firefox. Open Applications. Select Firefox with one click. Ctl + i this will open a window. At bottom, click the box that says to start in 32-bit mode.

That worked for me and my Mac (with Silverlight, Firefox and other updates all current). Good luck. Hope they get this fixed.

4 REPLIES
Expert Contributor

See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=715396 - they are working on the issue

New Contributor

Close Firefox. Open Applications. Select Firefox with one click. Ctl + i this will open a window. At bottom, click the box that says to start in 32-bit mode.

That worked for me and my Mac (with Silverlight, Firefox and other updates all current). Good luck. Hope they get this fixed.

New Contributor

Thanks! This worked on my Mac as well. Much appreciated.

New Contributor

Our choice of words is interesting. Is this a solution or is this really a work around until the problem is truly solved?