cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 8 is slow to show the web page when requested. If I hilite the address in the URL address line it usually downloads the info right away. I find this gets slowers as time goes on.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox 8 is slow to show the web page when requested. If I hilite the address in the URL address line it usually downloads the info right away. I find this gets slowers as time goes on.

the browser is started home page loads up. but if I request to go to a web page it shows that the request is asking for my request in the new tab but it just sits there. If I go to the address HTTP bar and hit enter again I usually get the info right away

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Firefox 8 is slow to show the web page when requested. If I hilite the address in the URL address line it usually downloads the info right away. I find this gets slowers as time goes on.

I have loved Firefox, but 8.0 is an abomination on loading. Half the time a blank screen comes up. Pages on amazon and newegg, among others stall out.

No problems with IE8 on same sites. I downgraded to FF 7.0.1 and same problem.

I just went back to 3.6.8. Guess what -- no problems. Someone has messed up big time with Firefox after 3.6.8. If you can't fix the problems and have security problems with 3.6.8, then maybe we may have to go back to IE (shudder). As it is, Firefox 8.0.1 is not workable and is toast for me until fixed.

21 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Firefox 8 is slow to show the web page when requested. If I hilite the address in the URL address line it usually downloads the info right away. I find this gets slowers as time goes on.

I found that it just crashed after a while, then started working.

Solution: Uninstall Firefox 8 and get Firefox 7 until this issue dies down.

New Contributor

I upgraded to 9 Beta. A little faster, still issues with some sites and has the same problem with sites with a lot of graphics, which I think is the problem. Sites with few graphics and lotsa text no problem.

New Contributor

http://www.latimes.com refuses to load. Fix this and you resolve the problem.

Site Moderator

The default of the pref network.http.max-connections has been increased from 30 to 256 in Firefox 6+ versions.

Try to decrease the value of the pref network.http.max-connections from 256 to 30 as used in Firefox 3 versions.

New Contributor

This is an old "solution", and doesn't work.

New Contributor

I have loved Firefox, but 8.0 is an abomination on loading. Half the time a blank screen comes up. Pages on amazon and newegg, among others stall out.

No problems with IE8 on same sites. I downgraded to FF 7.0.1 and same problem.

I just went back to 3.6.8. Guess what -- no problems. Someone has messed up big time with Firefox after 3.6.8. If you can't fix the problems and have security problems with 3.6.8, then maybe we may have to go back to IE (shudder). As it is, Firefox 8.0.1 is not workable and is toast for me until fixed.

New Contributor

This didn't work. Only thing that worked is to go back to 3.6.8 release.

New Contributor

I tried this and same slow or non load problems. I went back to 3.6.8 until this issue is officially fixed.

BTW, no problems with IE 8 (and I hate having to go to it because of this).

New Contributor

I agree - the problems showed up in ALL releases after FF 3.6.8. I have Windows Vista and wonder if the FF versions starting with 4 only work well with Windows 7.