Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 4.0.1 is extremly slow - slower than previous versions

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox 4.0.1 is extremly slow - slower than previous versions

Firefox 4.0.1 is extremly slow - slower than previous versions. Extremely slow response times, even after i have visited a website previously.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Forum Moderator

Re: Firefox 4.0.1 is extremly slow - slower than previous versions

Go to HELP and select "Restart with add-ons disabled". If access speeds back up then there is a problem with an addon of plugin. Post back here with results.

30 REPLIES
New Contributor

Same here. It took Firefox 4.0.1 over 35 seconds to load this very page, while IE loaded it in less than 2 seconds. This is repeated on every single site I try today and yesterday. Also, when a page finally chooses to load, controlls are often missing. I have given up and moved all of my bookmarks over to IE. I hope that someone will let me know when the problem is fixed. Thank you. I will miss you dearly.

New Contributor

Yes, i do hope they get this fixed. There are various plugins i rely on to do my job as a webmaster that cut my development time in half or more. And right now it is just a pain in the you know what! I have to say this is the first time I am really disappointed with a Firefox Version.

Firefox team I am looking forward to a return to the greatness that was ... Thanks Mel

New Contributor

I did not install 4.0 nor apparently will I be doing so for 4.1 either, What is going on with Mozilla? I have 3.6.17 an until I read some positive comments about the 4 series I don't think I'll be using any of that series, As much as I am not a fan of IE, if Mozilla keeps messing up like this IE will have to be seriously considered again.

Thanks thewildman

New Contributor

Yes, not only is it very slow in general, but I spend a lot of time looking at the screen while reading that Firefox is not responding, which I already know. I'm going to look next for info on how to go back to the old version. Too bad, I like the sync feature.

New Contributor

YUCK! The 4.0 versions is basically useless. Too slow. It needs a serious fix. I would rather suffer through IE than this system. Now I have to search this slow system to find out how to go back to old version.

New Contributor

Ditto. As a browser its completely useless unless you redefine useful as "constantly waiting for not responding to disappear."

New Contributor

What a CRAWLER!!! I originally tried the original version 4 and it was sllooooowwwww... so I unistalled. I then saw the latest version 4.1 AND IT CRAWLS TOO!!!! Absolutley HORRIBLE!!!

I have ver 3.6 and will reinstall it!!!

GET IT TOGETHER MOZILLA!!!!

New Contributor

I removed all but two add-ons and revamped the profile. I then went an installed version 4.1, With all that Firefox appears to still be slow. A once good WEB browser now appears to be going to hell in a hand basket. I agree GET IT TOGETHER MOZILLA. If necessary fire the whole damn lot of your programers, because they screwed this version up.

Thanks thewildman

New Contributor

4.0 worked perfect. 4.01 NOT! I'm having all sorts of issues, from being slow, to having to accept every single page and worse, sometimes frames... I can't view videos on FBook. I tweaked it to view pix b/c I couldn't do that either (and it depended on what page of FB I was on, so I had to do this like three times) It even shows banks as not trusted. I want my 4.0 BACK! how can i remove the latest update 4.01? Anyone know?