Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 3.6.6 loads Flash webpages very slow

SOLVED
Highlighted
Grand Master

Firefox 3.6.6 loads Flash webpages very slow

Hi.

Just reporting issues with the latest Firefox 3.6.6 release where it does not load heavy flash use pages well at all. See www.tsn.ca for an example. It takes 20-30 seconds to fully load the TSN homepage which I noticed started occurring after I had updated to the latest Firefox version. I had the latest Flash plug-ins installed so that wasn't the problem.

I uninstalled Firefox 3.6.6 and located my previous Firefox version 3.6.3 and installed that which totally fixed that issue in loading any Flash websites. Must have been something that was changed in the latest release.

Others I am sure have reported this issue but thought someone should know....to hopefully work out the bugs/issues.

URL of affected sites

http://www.tsn.ca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Master

Re: Firefox 3.6.6 loads Flash webpages very slow

Well, the x64 Win7 is not so flawless anyway... i experienced some other issues not only with FF & Flash.

As Kendal recommends, use in the meanwhile a previous version or a beta, i'm using now 4.0b1 and all my settings, addons and flash are working pretty good, also you can keep the 3.6.x version without any conflicts :)

Regards

32 REPLIES
Grand Master

windows vista 64 user with 4gb ram. firefox sluggish with flash or javascripted websites. firefox uses 2gb of memory when visiting such sites. i suspect memory leak in 3.6.6.

Grand Master

I have a similar problem.

Also, having problems with Yahoo email...sign comes up saying something like..."problems loading, try later."

I like FireFox; but lately, am having problems with certain websites slow to load. I am thinking about going back to an older version of FireFox.

Grand Master

Também notei que depois que atualizei o Firefox p/ versão mais recente as paginas estão demorando p/ cerregar...espero que consigam resolver o problema.

Grand Master

I also noticed this slowdown with several pages.

Grand Master

Here's a snapshot of the error message I get sometimes when I use Firefox 3.6.6 to go to Yahoo email......

I then have to use another browser ....like Microsoft's IE browser to get into Yahoo email.

Hope this gets fixed.

Grand Master

I have been getting very large memory leak issues.. doesn't matter which sites it seems like.. but it just will lag out the computer. I look at the memory usage on Firefox and it's sitting around 1 gig!

Got like Google Voice begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting, Facebook, Gmail and a Wiki page open and it started doing it to me.. had it happen with other tabs before open.

Firefox 3.6.7 please come out soon and fix these issues!

Grand Master

Firefox 3.6.6 on windows 7 64 bits.

Same problem here.... flash is sluggish since the last firefox upgrade.

Grand Master

Same problem - Firefox 3.6.6 on Windows 7 64bit

Since the update Flash pages are sluggish. TSN.ca is a great example because it is unsurfable (I think I just made up a word) in Firefox 3.6.6

I too suspect a memory leak in either Firefox itself or the plug-in wrapper as when I go to TSN.ca 50% of my CPU is being used between both FF and the wrapper (25% each). When no Flash sites are up it's @ maybe 1%

Grand Master

Yes I indeed have the same issue, I noticed it right after the update. The video section of CNN, and even embedded YouTube videos make the browser very slow.

Win 7 64