cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 3.6.3 wont play embedded youtube videos. It comes up with "an error occured please try again later. this happens all the time

SOLVED
Highlighted
Grand Master

Firefox 3.6.3 wont play embedded youtube videos. It comes up with "an error occured please try again later. this happens all the time

Firefox 3.6.3 wont play embedded youtube videos. It comes up with "an error occurred please try again later. this happens all the time. If you click to go to youtube the clip plays.

This happened

Every time Firefox opened

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grand Master

Re: Firefox 3.6.3 wont play embedded youtube videos. It comes up with "an error occured please try again later. this happens all the time

Well, here is my reply to my own post.

After reading some of the messages posted here about possible solutions, I tried deleting all YouTube cookies (tools > options > privacy > show cookies > youtube.com). Then tested on a site with embedded video that would not play previously and on YouTube site directly--both worked!

The poster with the cookies suggestion also suggested changes to "exceptions" but this was not necessary at least for me.

24 REPLIES
Grand Master

Re: Firefox 3.6.3 wont play embedded youtube videos. It comes up with "an error occured please try again later. this happens all the time

Hi,

You may need to update your flash for it here is the link. www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer

I hope this helps if not please post again and i will find more information.

Kind Regards,

Cody Bush (cbush15)

Grand Master

Same thing... WinXP, Firefox 3.6.4, Flash 10.1.53.64. Been happening a while, maybe a month or so? Embedded videos give that error, but clicking on it to watch at youtube works fine.

Grand Master

On some sites, embedded youtube videos are completely blank. Youtube site works fine.

Firefox and flash are up to date.

Vista, Firefox 3.6.4, Flash 10.1.53.64

Grand Master

Same problem here--embedded videos worked a while back and now with the *very* recent upgrades of Firefox, they don't. This happens everywhere I've gone that's had embedded Youtube videos. On the Youtube site, they work fine.

I have Win 7, FF 3.6.6 & updated to latest version of Flash.

Grand Master

Same problem here

Youtube videos take forever to load, often they end up with an error. Embdedded don't work etc ...

Grand Master

And I'll add that the Apple site doesn't load correctly either.

Grand Master

Had the same issue with embedded videos not displaying...just a blank space... I went through and disabled all my Add-ons and videos began working. I enabled most of my disabled add-ons and videos still work. I'm not entirely sure which add-on might be the culprit, or maybe just the action of disabling, restarting firefox, then re-enabling them fixed the glitch. But for now, everything is working.

Grand Master

Firefox 3.6.6 and Windows XP. Plays videos just fine on YouTube site but will not play embedded YouTube videos. Get message "An error occurred. Please try again later." Deleted & reinstalled Flash Player--no soap.

If I run Explorer 8 I can see embedded videos just fine.

Grand Master

Well, here is my reply to my own post.

After reading some of the messages posted here about possible solutions, I tried deleting all YouTube cookies (tools > options > privacy > show cookies > youtube.com). Then tested on a site with embedded video that would not play previously and on YouTube site directly--both worked!

The poster with the cookies suggestion also suggested changes to "exceptions" but this was not necessary at least for me.