Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 27.0 fails to open print dialog

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Firefox 27.0 fails to open print dialog

I have firefox set to automatically update. All of a sudden, perhaps after the most recent update, I cannot print anything. If I try to print, I just get an windows error sound and nothing more. I do not get the print dialog. I have tried to reset the printer configuration, and I have tried reinstalling Firefox all together. Neither sovled the problem. Please advice.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Firefox 27.0 fails to open print dialog

new information in the bug reports seems to link this to avast.

17 REPLIES
Regular User

New User

Kumaresan.c.s, thank you for your response. Unfortunately, none of those fixes work for my problem.

Site Moderator

hello, a general reset of firefox would be the next thing to try that comes to my mind (this will keep your bookmarks and passwords)...

New User

thank you, phillipp. Tried it. No effect.

New User

It seems to be a more general problem. I have also encountered that a button on a website (to upload a file) gives me a windows error or notification sound, but no file selection dialog. Also the button to upload a file on this forum page does not work (though it doesn't trigger the windows sound). It all seems very strange to me. Hope someone knows the solution.

Site Administrator

Hey if there are errors not only in printing I would run a virus scan. ___________________

Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.

You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:

Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.

Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

New User

I've run several malware scanners: found some unharmfull items (possible tracking cookies). But nothing serious. And most importantly: the problem still exists. Firefox will not open any dialog window (to print, download and ask for a location, upload).

Any ideas anyone?

Site Administrator

Hey, there are some add ons that block, if you try safe mode it will eliminate the add ons being the issue.

These are the menus you can change the preferences to always ask what to do:

New User

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the add-ons are not the problem. Firefox will not open the print dialog box (or any other dialog box) in safe-mode either.