Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 14 - Download Window Blank

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox 14 - Download Window Blank

My Download Window in Firefox 14 is blank.

I have tried a variety of the fixes described on the site to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Firefox 14 - Download Window Blank

Try to reset the browser.download.manager.retention pref on the about:config page.

Try to reset the Integer pref browser.download.manager.retention pref to its default value 2 on the about:config page.

7 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

What do you mean? You don't see any download but the controls of the form, or the whole Download window is blank? Please send me a screenshot as a reply and I'll try to help you.

New Contributor

The download window opens, but remains blank. There have been a number of "fixes" suggested for this for earlier versions, which I have tried to no avail, and those threads are closed.

Overall, the download function itself still works ok; it's just the window that remains stubbornly blank. As Firefox is my preferred browser, I'd prefer it to work.

Site Moderator

Are you remembering the download history?

• Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history" > "Remember download history"
New Contributor

Affirmative.

Site Moderator

Try to reset the browser.download.manager.retention pref on the about:config page.

Try to reset the Integer pref browser.download.manager.retention pref to its default value 2 on the about:config page.

New Contributor

That worked. Thanks very much.

Site Moderator

You're welcome