cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 14..0.1 and Java Script errors

Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox 14..0.1 and Java Script errors

Since I updated Firefox t0 14.0.1 I've been plagued with script issues which I've already posted but no fix so far. Now I keep received Java Script issues and can't access the page/website that needs them.

I've checked all the suggested things that could cause this issue but none of them help.

Firefox is up to date. Java is up to date. Flash is up to date.

Any suggestions for fixing this are appreciated.

16 REPLIES
All Star Contributor

Re: Firefox 14..0.1 and Java Script errors

Is javascript enabled in Options > Content? See this page. http://kb.mozillazine.org/JavaScript

New Contributor

Yes.

That was the first thing I checked and as I stated have gone through all other troubleshooting suggestions.

Site Moderator

Do those messages show which script is causing the problem?

That might give an indication of the source of the problem.

I assume that you've already tried Safe mode?

Try to create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.

See "Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile":

There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.

If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.

See:

New Contributor

Here's the message I receive each time I attempted to access Hotmail.

Windows Live ID symbol

JavaScript required to sign in

Windows Live ID requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked.

To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the browser's online help.

I'll create a new profile and test that.

New Contributor

I did as you suggested and created a new profile. Should not try to multi task. I accidentally hit delete all files. Grrr!

So I guess I'm back to a blank canvas as everything is gone.

Thanks for your help...even though I screwed it up.

Legendary Contributor

I accidently hit delete all files.

When you start up in the Profile Manager, your earlier profiles are all gone?? What about the oldest profile that you used before you tried the Reset? (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/que.../933958#answer-357826)

New Contributor

I use firefox 14 .. 0.1 and Java Script error. people do not have a solution? thanks http://www.friv2juegos.org/

Legendary Contributor

Hi titicaca, what error are you getting? What sites are affected?

New Contributor

Using a short time a window appears. lost and the current tab. thanks