cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 13.0 ALWAYS Opens the "Welcome to Firefox" Page, Not My Home Page. What Will Actually Fix This, Please?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Firefox 13.0 ALWAYS Opens the "Welcome to Firefox" Page, Not My Home Page. What Will Actually Fix This, Please?

I tried all of the advice in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-says-its-just-updated-every-time-it-starts?redirectloca... and there was no effect on the problem.

I tried the advice in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Preferences_not_saved, but again, there was no effect on the problem.

I even tried https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/How%20to%20set%20the%20home%20page. But, whether I set it to the "Default Page" or to a new home page, it doesn't matter...

Firefox 13.0 will still only open up to the "Welcome to Firefox" page.

Please help me. Is anyone looking at fixing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: Firefox 13.0 ALWAYS Opens the "Welcome to Firefox" Page, Not My Home Page. What Will Actually Fix This, Please?

23 REPLIES
Mozilla Support Contributor

Re: Firefox 13.0 ALWAYS Opens the "Welcome to Firefox" Page, Not My Home Page. What Will Actually Fix This, Please?

It's possible that an extension is interfering. I think there are two things to try:

1. Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems - this article has instructions for determining if an extension is the problem.
  2. You can also try installing this special extension that resets all home page and search preferences and then uninstalls itself - Search Reset - it could be that there is a modified preference that isn't getting changed
Site Moderator

Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?

Some security software does have virtualization features that can cause problems by protecting and restoring files in the Firefox profile folder.

New User

Had this problem on a couple pages. It was my ad block plus. I disabled and the page came up ok, and then I reinabled, and all is fine.

New User

I'm using McAfee, which hasn't had a problem with Firefox getting updated before. Did Firefox change how it's doing things so that McAfee objects?

I'm thinking of switching to AVG, though. Does Firefox have problems with that one?

New User

Wouldn't disabling your Mcaffee for a few minutes help you determine if it was the culprit?

I use NAV and MSE on my computers and firefox is fine with them.

I did revert back to FF 12 though. Too many kinks in 13 still.

New User

Firefox has upgraded many times before with McAfee installed. Has Firefox changed how it upgrades so it no longer works with McAfee?

FF 13 is pretty clearly broken in some ways, and no one seems to have any clue how to fix it. I sure hope Firefox handles security issues better than upgrade issues. This does NOT inspire confidence.

So, how does one revert back to 12? That seems to be the best answer.

New User

New User

Thanks.

New User

That worked. Thanks, my Firefox may now be out of date. But at least it works right.