cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 12 is very slow to load pages and if two tabs are opening it lags.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox 12 is very slow to load pages and if two tabs are opening it lags.

Firefox 12 is very slow to load pages and if two tabs are opening it lags. I've tried everything (e.g virus, defrag, I've created a new profile in "run", etc). I've had my router/line etc all checked and after 2 weeks of cleaning/testing etc its all pointing to Firefox as the problem. Please help as it's driving me nuts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Firefox 12 is very slow to load pages and if two tabs are opening it lags.

I've no idea whats happened but I've done a system back up thingy to about a month ago and it seems to be better, I can now open five tabs at one time to games sites in approx 10 seconds which is great. maybe I've done too much fiddling with the system. I think I'll be content with it now and stop bothering you madperson ;-) Next job now is to find out why half my FN keys don't work. Cheers for all your help.

67 REPLIES
Legendary Contributor

see if this helps: Firefox hangs at random times

thank you

New Contributor

I have the exact same problem.

Not only does it load pages very slowly, sometimes the page will stop for a good 45 seconds and stop loading, only to finish it much later.

Something is wrong with Firefox 12, it shouldn't be this slow.

How is that each version is progressively worse than the one before it?.

Stop releasing so many versions Mozilla, release one that works and build from there.

Site Moderator

seasick12, have you already tried to uninstall the avast webrep plugin from inside avast? http://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=...

New Contributor

It's disabled.

Site Moderator

you might also want to upgrade to the newest driver for your integrated graphics for hardware accelleration to work properly. this should be the correct download for your system: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=17409...

New Contributor

Thanks for your help madperson but it's still made no difference.Apologies madperson, it seems to of done the trick. FF now can open 3/4 tabs together at speed (my way of testing) CHEERS

New Contributor

Hardware acceleration must be broken, because I have a Radeon HD 6850 1gb and with Hardware acceleration on, it makes Firefox 12 much much slower.

Site Moderator

have you made sure you are updates to the current 12.4 drivers for your graphics card?

New Contributor

Thanks for the replies folks, I've turned off hardware acceleration and when I check my chipset driver (if thats the right one) and windows says it's up to date although it's version 7.15.10.1666