Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FireFox 17.0.1 Bugs/Issues "Need help ASAP"

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

FireFox 17.0.1 Bugs/Issues "Need help ASAP"

My FireFox updated to 17.0.1 today a few things are not working.

1. My yahoo toolbar stopped working when I click on anything nothing happens,

2. My adblock plus disappeared and when i try to install it again Firefox said it appears to be corrupt

3. The Add-ons manager is not showing my Add-ons, extensions basically it just shows the Get Add-ons, extensions, appearance, and plugins and it dont show anything in them.

Whats going on? can I go back to the last update till it is fixed? how do I report this and get it fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: FireFox 17.0.1 Bugs/Issues "Need help ASAP"

OK finely got it fixed after I downloaded and installed Firefox 18.0.1 it was still messed up. I ended up finding how to reset Firefox, Then I had to reinstall all extensions, add-on's and everything else. Pain in the butt but its working now. how it don't do this with the next update.

Anyway thanks for the help everyone!

19 REPLIES
New Contributor

I went back to Firefox 16.0.1 and the issues stopped so it has got to be something wrong with Firefox 17.0.1 any ideas on what to do? thanks

Site Moderator

For #3 this is likely due to the Tab Mix Plus or TMP Extension. This extension has caused issues like this among others if you have the old 0.4.0.3 version from July.

Tab Mix Plus 0.4.0.3.1 was released on November 29.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-mix-plus/

New Contributor

I do not know what Tab Mix Plus is and it dont show up in the Extension Tab on the Add-ons Manager. So I dont think I have that. Thanks

New Contributor

Any ideas anybody? I really dont know what could be causing the issues other then bugs in FireFox 17.0.1 so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Site Moderator

maybe the files in your profile folder that store the information about your extensions might have become corrupted. please go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information > profile - show folder... then windows explorer should open up your profile folder. in there look for the files named extensions.ini, extensions.sqlite, extensions.sqlite-journal (and in some cases also extensions.txt, extensions.rdf). delete or rename those files and quit firefox, they will be regenerated the next time you launch firefox.

also see https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Unable%20to%20install%20add-ons#w_co...

New Contributor

But when I went back to Firefox 16.0.1 everything was fine. So there has to be something with the 17.0.1 update that is buggy right?

New Contributor

Any one know if Mozilla fixed this issue yet? I dont want to update to 17.0.1 again if its not fixed. Thanks

New Contributor

2 Days ago; I open my Firefox and all my pages marks, files, Yahoo Icon, pages marks on my personal bar disapir also. Even my history; it had only that day. Nothing of the day before.

Since I request to be told about update of Firefox; I don't know if it did one without me knowing about it.

So I did 3 restaurations of the systeme trying to recupering something along the way. And also; I completely taken out Firefox French version and put it again.

Nope. It didn't work.

I put back myself the bookmark on my personal barre and I am incapable of putting Yahoo Icon in the top right like before. It goes in the bottom. I have lost all my files and book mark that I had before monday.

Since yesterday; When I open firefox; all the pages that I had open the day before opens....

I have copied yesterday on my desktop a pages; well it copied many files that I don't know what is that; if I can delete that or not.

I am not impress.

So I will try to go to the version prior...to see if that will help.

I don't know that much about computer and I have the French version. So when you go in help....everything is in English...not the same term. May be I should go in English if nobody is capable of helping me.

I need help before ASAP PLease

Site Moderator

Note that ABP is a signed extension, so any changes made to the XPI file cause the installation to fail.
You may have security software that inspects and repacks the archive if the file is corrupted and in that case you need to disable your AV software (maybe disable real time live scanning is sufficient) temporarily.

You may also have to delete the compatibility.ini file to force a profile reset.