cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FF 19 + Newest Adobe Reader = Failure. The newest update to FF with the newest Adobe reader is absolutely horrible. It is slow to load, slow to scroll pages,

Highlighted
New User

FF 19 + Newest Adobe Reader = Failure. The newest update to FF with the newest Adobe reader is absolutely horrible. It is slow to load, slow to scroll pages,

Using FF19 and apparently Adobe reader 11.0.2.0. This new version is HORRIBLE, very slow to scroll pages, and flat out does not work with some work web pages I need. How do I revert to a previous version of Adobe to get back to the old format and layout that works well? I tried disabling the plug-in in FF and it did not change.

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: FF 19 + Newest Adobe Reader = Failure. The newest update to FF with the newest Adobe reader is absolutely horrible. It is slow to load, slow to scroll pages,

hello, firefox 19 has introduced its own integrated pdf viewer - if you want to switch back to the plugin you've used before to view pdfs just go to firefox options > applications & scroll down and define the default action for the portable document format (pdf).

How to disable the built-in PDF viewer and use another viewer

2013-03-08-09-30-32-437175.png
New User

Re: FF 19 + Newest Adobe Reader = Failure. The newest update to FF with the newest Adobe reader is absolutely horrible. It is slow to load, slow to scroll pages,

Perfect, thank you very much.