Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling SSL

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Enabling SSL

i just have updated my firefox beta to version 23. the problem is i cant find the encryption tab to enable SSL so this error keeps coming "Secure Connection Failed!.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor

Re: Enabling SSL

go to "about :config" search "security.tls.version.max" and set it "0" اون آدرسی که تو خط اول گفتم رو تو فایرفاکست بزن توش چیزی که خط دوم گفتم رو سرچ کن و به 0 تغییرش بده.حل میشه

13 REPLIES
Grand Master Contributor
New Contributor

thanks. but as i said there is no encryption tab in advanced panel!

Grand Master Contributor

Hello,

In order to better assist you with your issue please provide us with a screenshot. If you need help to create a screenshot, please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?

Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.

Thank you!

New Contributor

this shows that there is no encryption tab:

2013-06-28-09-20-27-911af7.png
Grand Master Contributor

1. In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
  2. Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
  3. Use the page's Search bar for security.enable_ssl3 double click that if its bold, it should now unbold.
  4. Use the page's Search bar for security.enable_tls double click that if its bold, this should also unblod.

NOTE: If its not bold, dont double click it.

New Contributor

i cant fine the line security.enable_ssl3 and its make no different when i double click security.enable_tls ( still remain bold )

Site Moderator

You can now only set a minimum TLS version and a maximum TLS version (0 means SSL3).

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/kb.mozillazine.org/Security.tls.version.*

• security.tls.version.min
  • security.tls.version.max
  • 0 means SSL 3.0, 1 means TLS 1.0, 2 means TLS 1.1, etc.
New Contributor

there is no encryption tab in advanced panel

New Contributor

i can't connect to facebook

2013-08-08-03-09-16-911af7.png