Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloads window not showing

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Downloads window not showing

For the last few days my Firefox does not display the downloads window. I have tried to follow the suggestion set out in Firefox Help ie Tools --> Options --> General

But my General Tab doesn't show under Downloads the option to check the box "Show the Downloads window when downloading a file". Under Downloads, the only option shows "save files to Downloads" and "Always ask me where to save files".

Any suggestions on how I can get to --> Downloads the option to check the box "Show the Downloads window when downloading a file".

Thank you in anticipation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Downloads window not showing

You can set the Boolean pref browser.download.useToolkitUI to true on the about:config page to restore the classic Download Manager window.

49 REPLIES
Expert User

update to current version (Firefox 20) and you will get it on the right side. for updation go to Firefox->help->about firefox it will automatically update it.

New User

I'm on firefox 21beta - should i revert back to firefox20?

Expert User

at first reset your firefox and see if it comes back The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

1. Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
  2. Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
  3. Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
  4. Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.

Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!

New User

I've tried this also and still my General Tab doesn't show under Downloads the option to check the box "Show the Downloads window when downloading a file".

Expert User

see if update is available for your system Firefox->help->about firefox

New User

it says that my firefox is up to date

Expert User

see if this works View->Toolbar->customize->restore default set->done

New User

tried this and still doesn't work

Expert User

on the right side of window you can see homw window right click on that choose customize. you can select and drag downloads to your toolbar.