cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Expired when hitting back button! Very annoying This has been ongoing intermittently for years Why cant this be fixed? Is anything being done about it?

Highlighted
New User

Document Expired when hitting back button! Very annoying This has been ongoing intermittently for years Why cant this be fixed? Is anything being done about it?

38 REPLIES
New User

Re: Document Expired when hitting back button! Very annoying This has been ongoing intermittently for years Why cant this be fixed? Is anything being done about it?

How many people are sick of this!

2012-03-12-06-34-03-132640.png
Site Moderator

Re: Document Expired when hitting back button! Very annoying This has been ongoing intermittently for years Why cant this be fixed? Is anything being done about it?

Is that document retrieved via a secure HTTPS connection?

It is best to avoid such issues with using the Back button and open documents in a new tab with a middle-click on a link.

New User

Don't use the back button? That is not a solution. I work on websites so I have to use the back button. Try listing on eBay without using the back button. If reverse gear didn't work on your car would you be happy doing a 10 point turn?

New User

This is why I can no longer use FF - super cumbersome.

New User

FIX THIS PLEASE! GIVE US THE OPTION TO TURN IT OFF.

This heavy handed security feature adds so many non-necessary clicks to my web app that it is no longer usable. I run the server I am trying to access. I wrote the secure web page I am trying to reload. I WANT it to resend the POST data with my form. FF is not allowing me, even with header("Cache-control: max-age=600"); in PHP to use the BACK button and have my form POST again.

This is the worst problem I've seen in FF in many years. Because we have to keep our software up to date, I can not revert to FF 9, I will start using Chrome or something else, but it sucks to have to leave so many other great features in FF behind.

New User

This misguided innovation is never less than annoying, and makes the MySQL application phpMyAdmin virtually unusable.

After you hit Refresh you also have to wrangle a confirm dialogue ~ double the misery.

µ

SUMO Contributor

Do you have a simple example (like a website with a form to fill) to provide?

Regular User

What is the fix for "Document Expired" message please?

New User

Are you serious? Try using the browser for more than 10 minutes and you'll see what we're talking about. Or maybe try using phpMyAdmin like the previous poster suggested. As a web developer you are killing me.

Honestly, you guys have just about destroyed firefox to the point of no return. I used to recommend this browser to everyone I knew. It's now an embarrassment. I can't even run FF on half of my machines because it eats every ounce of RAM I own. Quit trying to fix things that are NOT problems or I am going back to Opera.