Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Command Line

Using Firefox, Aurora and Nightly on one machine:

Path for Firefox is: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p Ian Path for Aurora is: "C:\Program Files\Aurora\firefox.exe" -p Camelot Path for Nightly is: "C:\Program Files\Nightly\firefox.exe" -p BetaTest

Problem is, if Firefox is running and I click the Aurora icon, another window of Firefox opens and not Aurora; similarly if I click the icon for Nightly, another window of Firefox opens and not Nightly. The paths are distinctly separate. The profile manager has the correct usernames.

How do I have three concurrent sessions open on one machine each with their set username? Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Command Line

You need to use the -no-remote command line option to open a second instance of Firefox using a different profile and target application. For example, if "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p Ian is open, use this command line to start your BetaTest profile:

"C:\Program Files\Nightly\firefox.exe" -p BetaTest -no-remote  

For more information see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Opening_a_new_instance_of_Firefox_with_another_profile

5 REPLIES
Site Moderator

You need to use the -no-remote command line option to open a second instance of Firefox using a different profile and target application. For example, if "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p Ian is open, use this command line to start your BetaTest profile:

"C:\Program Files\Nightly\firefox.exe" -p BetaTest -no-remote  

For more information see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Opening_a_new_instance_of_Firefox_with_another_profile

New User

Thank you, Alice. Much appreciated.

New User

Moderator, the above post by "mariopanda" has no relevance here or anywhere else on Mozilla Support. Please attend.

Site Moderator

Spam post deleted. Thanks for reporting it.

New User

You're welcome. Best regards from Sunny Johannesburg, ZAF