cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed from beta to release update channel and now I can't update

Highlighted
New User

Changed from beta to release update channel and now I can't update

I followed some instructions from here awhile back to go from the beta update channel to the release channel. But I'm stuck on 18.0 and the about window says it's up to date even when I force it to check for new updates. Does anyone have a solution for this issue other than reinstalling Firefox?

6 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Changed from beta to release update channel and now I can't update

Download Firefox 20.0.1 from www.getfirefox.com and install it over your current install of Firefox

Site Moderator

There are other things that need your attention.

Your system details list shows two Flash plugins

1. Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
  2. Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300

You should remove them both in stall the latest Flash 11.7 version.

Latest Flash player versions here:

New User

@ Tylerdowner That won't uninstall my addons will it? I had always been under the impression that it would which is why I haven't tried that yet.

@cor-el I have no idea how that has even happened. Flash Player is set to auto-update. I'll have a look into doing that though.

Site Moderator

Just installing Firefox over your older version won't change any of your settings, add-ons, etc.

New User

Oh, okay. I'm not sure where I got the idea that it would then. Thank you, I'll give that a try.

New User

That seems to have worked, thanks Tylerdowner.

@cor-el I've followed the instructions in your post too. I don't know exactly how to double check that it worked right though. Hopefully that should help with some of the issues I've had with flash videos (mostly Youtube though and I know that at least part of that is either my ISP or Google's servers) over the last 8 months.