cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain websites display with text only all on left with no images. Ive followed help page troubleshooting tips. Help?

Highlighted
New User

Certain websites display with text only all on left with no images. Ive followed help page troubleshooting tips. Help?

I cannot seem to see certain websites "full" site. On Ebay...I only see text all piled up on left. If I click thru enough I can see an image but I want the full site. Not the second class citizen version. Also same with Netflix. Amazon is great. I've troubleshooted and cleared cookies and cache. I reset and now I'm using safe mode with add ons disabled but still nothing helps.

BTW...I'm very untechnical. Im using a laptop with Windows Vista OS if that helps.

Id also like to be able to use my amazon prime account to stream videos but naturally nothing shows up.

Please help. SOS.  : )

30 REPLIES

Re: Certain websites display with text only all on left with no images. Ive followed help page troubleshooting tips. Help?

its because of flash plugin not updated check out this link http://mzl.la/cGCg12 If you installed Ad block addon remove it.

New User

Re: Certain websites display with text only all on left with no images. Ive followed help page troubleshooting tips. Help?

I tried link and it's blocked. When you say flash plug in. ...I went to help pages and found link to adobe and looked at how to download latest versions and I downloaded what it said. (Download background resources)

But I don't know how to update it? I'm sorry. I don't mean to try your patience. Im sorry to not understand what to do.  : )

How do I see a list of my add on's to make sure ad block isnt enabled and remove?

I know I'm probably asking the most retarded questions ever...I do want to understand. I'm just kinda on a learning curve.

)

Goto this website http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and choose windows(.exe) and download it. Close your firefox and install the flash (by double clicking the exe file) and check it out.

Ebay website mostly works in flash. so you need to update your flash. soon this problem will be solved when they started using HTML5

New User

I got the adobe thing done. I found a page that said I could check all my addons and plugins and see if they are up to date. It said Java needed to update but when I tried to download the latest version it keeps saying the download file was corrupted. It came off java site?

Anyhoo...any ideas on that?

I don't mean to presume on your time.  : )

Ya. You needed java too. Download the java using Downthemall Addons So it ll download fast.

New User

actually...showing a bit of initiative I looked at how to troubleshoot java install and discovered I need to use the offline one. Whod have thunk?

Waiting to see now...

Ya Go for offline download and install it like flash player.

New User

I did java, silverlight, quicktime also.

I should restart computer now?