cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open url links in Firefox. Tried a reset to factory settings, and also tried Firefox Safe Mode start. Neither helped. Clicking on same links in Safari ok

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Cannot open url links in Firefox. Tried a reset to factory settings, and also tried Firefox Safe Mode start. Neither helped. Clicking on same links in Safari ok

On a 13" MacBook. Also tried Firefox-Preferences-Applications. No help. Also trying same with Google Chrome work fine - so websites are not problem. New tab opens, but is blank. Thanks in advance for any help. TDS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Cannot open url links in Firefox. Tried a reset to factory settings, and also tried Firefox Safe Mode start. Neither helped. Clicking on same links in Safari ok

Try to disable the Adobe Reader plugin in Firefox (Tools > Add-ons > Plugins) and use the external Adobe Reader application or Preview application instead.

• Firefox > Preferences > Applications > Adobe PDF document : Use Adobe Reader

PDF files may also be found under another entry like Portable document.

3 REPLIES
New User

Re: Cannot open url links in Firefox. Tried a reset to factory settings, and also tried Firefox Safe Mode start. Neither helped. Clicking on same links in Safari ok

Forgot to mention that same happens with PDF files - they also open blank tab (used to open just fine). I did try the recommended Preferences - General - Applications and reset all PDF actions to "Always Ask". By the way, nothing is asked of me now that I have done it, and it still opens blank tab. TDS

Site Moderator

Try to disable the Adobe Reader plugin in Firefox (Tools > Add-ons > Plugins) and use the external Adobe Reader application or Preview application instead.

• Firefox > Preferences > Applications > Adobe PDF document : Use Adobe Reader

PDF files may also be found under another entry like Portable document.

New User

Cor-el - thanks for the information - that did, indeed, fix my problem. Have a great one! TDS