Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install Flash Player

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Cannot Install Flash Player

Hi I tried to reinstall flash player........I install via plug-in finder but it failed....and I also tried to install flash manually.....but firefox still cannot find flash player plug-in and cannot play any youtube video and flash games

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Cannot Install Flash Player

11 REPLIES
Site Moderator

New User

Ummmm...it 32-bit of flash player......I ran windows 7 x64

Site Moderator

Yes, but firefox is a 32 bit program, which means it needs 32 bit plugins. That could be the reason you are having troubles. try installing that link and tell me if it works.

New User

Hey....it work...thank....btw if I need to install flash on firefox again (in future like a reinstall windows etc) do I need use this only?

Site Moderator

Yep, you can use that link to download Flash anytime

New User

I'm having this problem, too. I have tried using all of the uninstallers, completely uninstalilng and re-installing firefox, rebooting, etc. Then I use the 32bit installer linked to by Tyler, and Firefox still reports a missing plugin when I hit a page with flash content.

Site Moderator

First, restart your PC, run the installer again with Firefox closed, Do you still have the issue? If you don't, awesome. If you do, try going into your profile (Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles shows you where it is) and delete the "pluginreg.dat" file. (with firefox closed)

New User

Tyler, thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help. I have now completely uninstalled Firefox and removed all profiles and data, uninstalled flash, and rebooted. So I now have a clean install of firefox 13.0b1 and and 32 bit flash 11.2.202.233. And I still get prompted to install flash whenever I visit a flash site.

Site Moderator

Please type "About:plugins" into your address bar (without quotes) and press enter. copy and paste that info into this thread. And you installed Flash for browsers other than Internet Explorer, not Flash ActiveX Right?