cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upload pictures to facebook using firefox but it works if i use internet explorer

Highlighted
New User

Can't upload pictures to facebook using firefox but it works if i use internet explorer

When I tried to upload pics to facebook using firefox it would just hang there and not work. I saw a post online about trying another browser so I used Internet Explorer and it worked. Really weird cause it is usually internet explorer that screws up. Please help.

3 REPLIES

Re: Can't upload pictures to facebook using firefox but it works if i use internet explorer

Facebook needs Flash to upload photos for drag and drop method.

Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.

Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.

To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.

Site Moderator

Re: Can't upload pictures to facebook using firefox but it works if i use internet explorer

You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:

• disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
  • disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
  • disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
New User

I also have this problem. I am using Firefox v.19.0.2. I have gone to the Mozilla Plugin Check site, and have updated all that I can.

Whenever I try to update the Adobe Acrobat Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6, it updates, but never updates within the Mozilla Plugin Check site. I do not know if that is the problem. Please, help and include specific details, because this is extremely hard for me to understand. Thank you.

Sincerely, Mary