I was having a problem with my address bar so I uninstall Firefox and reinstalled the latest copy downloaded from Mozilla.
The download worked but I noticed that on one site I maintain that has a wav file on it I can no longer hear the file playing. I know it worked fine this morning before doing to uninstall/upgrade so the site is fine that I know.
I just assume it is a plug in that is missing but question is which plug in would be required to play wav files. I did find a post in the forums that lead to a trouble shooting page on the site and did download the Windows Media player plug in but that does not seem to have resolved this issue.
So what plug in will I need to play wav files? I did try videos on youtube and such and those work fine as do the help videos here on site.
A lot of plugins like WMP and QT and RP and VLC can be used to play wav file.
You only need to make sure that you specify a MIME type (content type) that the plugin supports like type="application/x-mplayer2" to use WMP or another plugin that supports this MIME type.
You can see the supported MIME types on the aboutlugins page.
Well I know I installed the QuickTime plug in also and it says wav is supported in the page you suggested above but for some reason it just won't play but I had a webmaster friend of mine test and it worked for her and I know before the reinstall it worked fine for me also just acted up after the reinstall
Try to delete the mimeTypes.rdf file in the Firefox profile folder to reset all file actions.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
Do I need a system restart between as I deleted it and then reopened FF but still nothing. The file was recreated when I reopened FF that I know but still not sound from the website.
At the moment I can't because of negotiations.
I do know though that the code is fine as I had a friend that I work with test it and she said the code is fine nothing on the page itself is messed up. I know last night it worked fine also and I did test the page in Explorer just to see and it worked fine in explorer. So is definitely an issue with my fire fox for sure!!
<embed src="file link" hidden=true autostart=true volume=100 loop=false></embed>
this is the code minus the file name. As I said it's not the code cause it worked fine even this morning before I redid FF and my friend still is telling me it is playing fine.