cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookmarks from folders have disappeared, I was just working on them yesterday and when I go to work on them today I find they've dissppeared.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Bookmarks from folders have disappeared, I was just working on them yesterday and when I go to work on them today I find they've dissppeared.

Bookmarks from certain folders have just disappeared, the folders are there but it says they're empty, I was just working on these folders yesterday.

24 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Bookmarks from folders have disappeared, I was just working on them yesterday and when I go to work on them today I find they've dissppeared.

Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.

You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.

New Contributor

Re: Bookmarks from folders have disappeared, I was just working on them yesterday and when I go to work on them today I find they've dissppeared.

Congratulations that did absolutely nothing, so what know and I would appreciate it if you got back to me sooner or at least provide a link in which I can talk to someone directly and not play message tag.

Support Forum Moderator

Sorry, there is no telephone or IRC support options for support.

Try restoring a backup from before the time you were working on those folders. Your places data base may be corrupt or some data became lost. Firefox automatically saves 10 bookmark backup files, one of each of the past 10 days.
Restore a bookmark backup

New Contributor

How do I keep this from happening again, like tomorrow?

Support Forum Moderator

I keep an eye on the WinXP Task Manager CPU 'gauge' usage when rearranging bookmarks, and when the 'meter' is pegged I stop to let Firefox digest the changes I am making. Also, I use the Bookmarks Sidebar for working with bookmarks, like when moving a lot of them around. A holdover from IE5 & 6 and the earliest versions of Firefox - the pre-Places / pre-Library days.

New Contributor

Alright Thanks.

New Contributor

It's me Again Apparently no matter what I do all my bookmark changes disappear, even if I make one change, they're not holding over I have to keep reloading Mondays saved file just to get everything back.

Site Moderator

Did you try to delete the places.sqlite file?

You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
New Contributor

That was the first thing I tried. I should also say that about 90 percent of the work that i've done just disappears, I move certain links into folders the next day the folders are empty.