cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bokmarking stopped working properly (empty list of bookmark folders to choose from)

Highlighted
New User

Bokmarking stopped working properly (empty list of bookmark folders to choose from)

Bookmarking suddenly stopped working yesterday.

When I add a page to bookmarks, and select "Choose..." for Folder, the next dialog, where I am supposed to select the target folder, has empty list of folders (I am talking about the "big" list/tree). The drop-down box above the list still contains all standard and last used folders, and is functional, but nothing else. The "New Folder" button is also disabled. The bookmark still will be created in one of those selected folders, and it will also sync. Bookmarks manager, as well as Bookmarks menu both work fine.

I have tried disabling all plug-ins, and deleting localstore.rdf, but these did not help. I do not remember installing any new plugins either.

2 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Re: Bokmarking stopped working properly (empty list of bookmark folders to choose from)

Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.

You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.

New User

Re: Bokmarking stopped working properly (empty list of bookmark folders to choose from)

Well, backing up and restoring bookmarks did the trick. cor-el, thank you for hints!