cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue search boxes hide text

Highlighted
New Contributor

Blue search boxes hide text

For the last two days search boxes on every website is blue when I use Firefox. Google’s search box is blued out completely and I cannot see what I am typing in the search box. None of this happens when I use Internet Explorer. Please fix!

5 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Blue search boxes hide text

I did a uninstall earlier and a new install (same thing).. did it again but went back a few versions (same thing).. just did a uninstall again but went in to program files and deleted the whole firefox folder after the uninstall.. then did a new install.. It seems fine now... Before you do this just remember to back up bookmarks!

New Contributor

I downgraded to Firefox 5 and now there are NO blue shadings in any website's user entry boxes and I can see what I'm typing into the Google search box. I won't upgrade again to Firefox 6 for a month or so until the bugs are worked out of it.

Site Moderator

Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).

New Contributor

I had this problem as well, it may NOT be a firefox issue. If you use a nortons product called "constant guard" the problem is actually the "anti-keystroke" setting. It's something worth looking into.

Site Moderator

See also these threads about "Keystroke protection" in Comcast Constant Guard: