Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background printing does not work

Highlighted
New User

Background printing does not work

Background images does not print from today from about 12.30pm

Changed nothing. Not sure if FF updated during the period or not. Did restore to 6am to make sure. Reset Firefox. Restarted computer. Checked printer drivers - ok.

Shows up without background images in "print preview". But no difference when pressing print background images/not.

Worked fine prior to 12.30pm today.

Any ideas?

19 REPLIES
Expert User

Re: Background printing does not work

Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.

(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)

• You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
  • Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.

Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.

Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.

Please let us know whether the issue persists in the Firefox's safe mode. Thanks!

New User

Thanks.

Tried. Did not solve issue.

Have also tried about:config: printer_OKI_MB480.print_bgcolor;true printer_OKI_MB480.print_bgimages;true

no difference.

Same problem here. It quit working a few days ago, probably about Dec 5th for me as well. I hadn't touched any configuration settings.

New User

Hi

Answer did not help. I thought it might have to do with antivirus, but have changed this (as it was overdue anyway). Now think may be an issue with XP as I am printing ok from the same website on a Vista computer on the same network.

I don't think its operating system (version) specific, I'm on Windows 7.

I don't think its operating system (version) specific, I'm on Windows 7.

New User

Same problem here. Started after Firefox updated. Tried safe mode still same problem. This sucks big time, since I have to print my invoices (osc) with backgrounds or else it looks like crap. Back to IE for now, sigh...

New User

Yup, same here. OsC packing lists in my case. I have a computer with Vista I am using to print these and for some reason this works fine. Dont ask me why.

I chased my IT guy but found that its a local issue with my computer, but have tried everything, even the disabling and stuff. it doesnt look nice as you mention and we even discussed to create table boxes instead of using rounded corners as a way forward.

Question: Can I ask who you use for your OsC work? External or yourself?

New User

any update on this?