cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Button not working in FireFox 4

Highlighted
New User

Back Button not working in FireFox 4

Is anyone else having trouble with the back and forward buttons not working in FireFox 4? I installed 4 on an XP desktop and a Vista 64 laptop, and the forward and back buttons don't work on either installation. Does anyone know a fix for this? I tried deleting the "places" files in the profile and that does not help.

45 REPLIES
New User

Re: Back Button not working in FireFox 4

I am having this same issue too. It's really annoying me and I'm probably just going to go back to Firefox 3 if I can't find a fix for this issue soon. Oh and I'm on Windows 7 so it's multiple OSs =\

Site Moderator

This can be a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.

New User

Yes, you post that on every help request posted on this issue. If you would have read my message, you would have quickly seen that I have already done this fix that you post so ubiquitously. It doesn't fix the problem.

New User

Same problem here. Intranet application om MSSQL Windows 7 Hope you can solve this indeed annoying issue

Thanks, M

New User

I too am having problems with the back button. The way it works is totally inconsistent - sometimes it seems to work and sometimes it doesn't. This is only one of a long list of problems I am having with firefox 4 anybody know how to rollback to a previoius version. If not I an going to rollback my machine to a "good" version.

New User

I had a problem with the back button and fixed it by disabling McAfee SiteAdvisor add-in.

New User

I don't use the SiteAdvisor program.

New User

I am having a problem with the back button also in Firefox 4. Firefox forgets the 1st page in any new session or tab. If I open a tab to say bbc.com and navigate to guardian.com I can't click the back button to get back to bbc.com.

New User

What happens if you start FF in safe mode? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode