cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iplayer says "You need to upgrade Flash to version 10.1.0 or higher but I am on latest version

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

BBC iplayer says "You need to upgrade Flash to version 10.1.0 or higher but I am on latest version

BBC iplayer says "You need to upgrade Flash to version 10.1.0 or higher to play Hearing the Past. Upgrade the Flash player now" I have version 10.3.183.7 I am on Firefox 3.6.22 on Fedora 14.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: BBC iplayer says "You need to upgrade Flash to version 10.1.0 or higher but I am on latest version

where can l find Flash to version 10.1.0

6 REPLIES
SUMO Contributor

Re: BBC iplayer says "You need to upgrade Flash to version 10.1.0 or higher but I am on latest version

Do you use the NoScript add-on to filter site scripts? In that case, a web site may assume there is a Flash problem when in fact the problem is that the script didn't run. Because large web sites often host media files on a content distribution network, you will need to check the NoScript popup for the one related to videos.

Site Moderator

Your above posted system details show an outdated Flash 10.0 r32 plugin, so it appears that Firefox doesn't find that 10.3.183.7 version.

• Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
New User

That was it, I'd not updated Flash in all locations, thanks.

Site Moderator

You're welcome

New User

where can l find Flash to version 10.1.0

New User

The answer was that Flash was installed in more than one location, when I found that out I was able to update the other locations and all was well. Thanks for your help.