cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio doesn't work only in Firefox. In the mixer it appears like Firefox's using SPDIF output instead of speakers, but in the system (win81) speakers is default

Highlighted
New User

Audio doesn't work only in Firefox. In the mixer it appears like Firefox's using SPDIF output instead of speakers, but in the system (win81) speakers is default

Hi, I.ve a Win 8.1 64 installation. Everything's working and also audio in Mozilla form youtube or other sources. But when I play Vimeo videos it doesn't work Opening the mixer, selecting the output "speakers" nothing happens; igf I select SPDIF output, Firefox's audio bar seems move up and down . But audio default in win8 system is speakers. What happens? It's a problem related with Vimeo? Should I install some kind of plugin for Vimeo? Thx Antonio

16 REPLIES

Re: Audio doesn't work only in Firefox. In the mixer it appears like Firefox's using SPDIF output instead of speakers, but in the system (win81) speakers is default

New User

Re: Audio doesn't work only in Firefox. In the mixer it appears like Firefox's using SPDIF output instead of speakers, but in the system (win81) speakers is default

That was the first thing i tried..... Did you read my message? it seems that firefox redirects audio on the spdif output also if the standard output in windows is speaker and youtube works fine

May be your plugin issues.

New User

already checked ! all plugins are up to date and working correctly!

Site Moderator

You probably need to set the default audio device and close and restart Firefox to make Firefox use or switch to the selected audio device.

New User

The PC was restarted many time the audio device is set to speakers. In youtube firefox audio works properly. In vimeo it doesn't.

Site Moderator

Do both sites use the same plugin or possibly the built-in HTML5 media player with the video tag?

Whether its happening to particular video or all video in VIMEO?

Could you provide the link if you can

New User

HI cor-el I don't understand your suggestion...