cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get norton toolbar back for firefox 10 update? I miss identity safe, forced to go back to IE for my research need access to Norton toolbar. have run live update several times. Firefox ext state not compatible with firefox10. Help please.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Any way to get norton toolbar back for firefox 10 update? I miss identity safe, forced to go back to IE for my research need access to Norton toolbar. have run live update several times. Firefox ext state not compatible with firefox10. Help please.

I have computers w/ win 7 home premium, win 7 pro, and win 7 ultimate. norton no longer functions with any of these operating systems and the most recent firefox updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Legend

Re: Any way to get norton toolbar back for firefox 10 update? I miss identity safe, forced to go back to IE for my research need access to Norton toolbar. have run live update several times. Firefox ext state not compatible with firefox10. Help please.

15 REPLIES
Shooting Star

Re: Any way to get norton toolbar back for firefox 10 update? I miss identity safe, forced to go back to IE for my research need access to Norton toolbar. have run live update several times. Firefox ext state not compatible with firefox10. Help please.

Hi,

Norton applications have been updated to work with the latest Firefox. You may also have to Enable the Norton toolbars via Firefox Tools (Alt + T) > Add-ons after updating them. Please see this and this.

New User

according to my add-ons manager, norton toolbar is still not compatible w/ ff 10.

Shooting Star

You may have to update Norton. Please also check the version listed against that given in the Norton support page. If it matches, you can try to Enable it.

Legend

New User

I have two computers, both running Firefox 10. I have Norton Internet Security on both. The one running XP I was able to enable the Norton Toolbar by going to Addons then extensions. My other computer is Win 7, 64 bit and I cannot find or enable the Norton Toolbar in Addons - extensions. In fact, the Norton toolbar is not even offered to me. Norton support asks if I am using Firefox 64 bit and frankly, I don't have a clue. Is there a way to see if I am running Firefox 10, 64 bit? I have poked around the web, googled and poked around this site but cannot find a positive way to see if I somehow have Firefox 64 bit.

Any suggestions?

Legend

You are using Firefox 32bit. Firefox is not currently being offered to Windows users in 64bit builds.

The Norton website states that they have a fix, but Symantec has not released the fix to all channels. In my case, I get the Norton software from Comcast. Comcast states that Norton has not released the fix to them. I could not find a way to rollback the Firefox 10 update. I finally uninstalled Firefox and found a site that distributes Firefox 9. The installer for Firefox 10 states that the toolbar will work after the update. This tricked us into installing Firefox 10 and spending several hours getting the system back to a useable state.

New User

I had to run live update about 4 times before all of the norton downloads where sent and installed. It now works perfectly with the 64 bit versions of windows 7. You have to restart your computer after each live update download. I did not realize that running the update one time did not give me all of the updates. I guess that there are often several things that must be updated but have to be installed in a certain order so they come in separate update downloads. try clicking on your norton icon. and then click on live update. it will ask you to restart after the update. continue to do this until live update tells you that all updates are complete. then I had to reinstall firefox. now all is well.

I have run Norton LiveUpdate until there are no more updates, but I still did not get the fix from Comcast/Norton