Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After updating to Firefox 6, Tools/Add-ons hangs "Loading..."

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

After updating to Firefox 6, Tools/Add-ons hangs "Loading..."

After updating, Firefox informed me that Flash Player was out of date. I updated that and restarted Firefox with no issues.

However, every time I try to open the Add-ons manager it just hangs with a small "Loading..." bubble.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shooting Star

Re: After updating to Firefox 6, Tools/Add-ons hangs "Loading..."

I clicked on "Extensions" in the Add-ons Manager and that took care of the problem for me. Subsequent closing and reopening Add-ons Manager did not display the problem again.

If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.

5 REPLIES
Shooting Star

I clicked on "Extensions" in the Add-ons Manager and that took care of the problem for me. Subsequent closing and reopening Add-ons Manager did not display the problem again.

If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.

New User

I happened to find another solution first.

I just clicked on Plugs-Ins on that page, which opened, then clicked on Add-Ons again, which finally finished loading and works as expected now.

Shooting Star

Apparently clicking on any (Extensions, Plugins, Appearance) just the one time solves the problem. No further problem after exiting and restarting Firefox 6 for me. I have reported the issue.

Site Moderator

Safebrowser,
did you manage to find Steps To Reproduce & file a bug on this ? I dont recall any problem on upgrading to Firefox 6 myself . (But I use XP).

Site Moderator

The addons.mozilla.org may be getting hammered at times due to people looking for Extension updates as Firefox 6.0/3.6.20. Thunderbird 6.0 and SeaMonkey 2.3 was released today.