cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After installing Firefox 6 it disables java 6.0.26 and says "not compatible...". The last version ov java is 1.6.0.26 which is what most users use. What is the solution?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

After installing Firefox 6 it disables java 6.0.26 and says "not compatible...". The last version ov java is 1.6.0.26 which is what most users use. What is the solution?

This morning I installed Firefox 6 and it says that it is not compatible with Java Console 6.0.26 and it is disabled. I am using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit. Is this normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expert Contributor

Re: After installing Firefox 6 it disables java 6.0.26 and says "not compatible...". The last version ov java is 1.6.0.26 which is what most users use. What is the solution?

The "Java Console" add-on is only needed if you are a programmer writing Java code that runs in Firefox. Otherwise, this add-on is not useful. Disabling it will not affect web pages that use Java.

73 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: After installing Firefox 6 it disables java 6.0.26 and says "not compatible...". The last version ov java is 1.6.0.26 which is what most users use. What is the solution?

te contesto en español pero si es normal ami tambien seme desactivo java esperare aque se actualize si no sabes español utiliza google traductor para entender mi mensaje saludos y surte

New Contributor

Hi, some solutions:

- you can just wait an update for Java.

- you can install "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" by Mozilla

https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/?src=api

"After installing the Add-on Compatibility Reporter, your incompatible extensions will become enabled for you to test..." "Note: Recommended for alpha and beta users only!"

I'm using it for "Java" and "deskCut". Unfortunatly, it will be usefull for frequent news firefox versions.

(Sorry for my english... but much better than my spanish xD)

Expert Contributor

The "Java Console" add-on is only needed if you are a programmer writing Java code that runs in Firefox. Otherwise, this add-on is not useful. Disabling it will not affect web pages that use Java.

New Contributor

Not quite true certain web pages need java and are NOT working correctly at the moment .

Site Moderator

KECD, He said the separate Java Console Extension is not needed anyways while the Java plugin (in Tools->Add-ons->Plugins) should still work

The Java plugin itself is not normally disabled unless it was a old version and put on a blocklist like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/blocked/p34

New Contributor

Java Plugins now work tried several times yesterday to get the broadband speed checker site to work with no luck today it is ok, the only thing that has changed is firefox updated the norton toolbar plugins today. (Strange) .

Support Forum Moderator

No, Norton updated their Firefox add-ons.

New Contributor

All this geekspeak! After three wasted days of trying to get access to my broker's trading platform, or my data supplier's streaming application, after repeatedly installing the latest versions of Firefox and Java, after repeatedly clearing my cache, I finally found a diagnostic tool that told me I needed a Java plugin. It didn't tell me what plugin, or where to get it, just that I needed it!

Then I found another diagnostic tool that told me I do have the Java plugin.

Then I came to this website and by accident stumbled on the fact that FIREFOX 6 DISABLES JAVA! #@%#&!! Did it occur to ANYONE to test this before releasing it?

And, contrary to comments further up this page, some websites DO need Java! (Or a Java plugin, or the Java console - what's the difference? Geekspeak hairsplitting aside, SOMETHING still isn't working.) The two sites I can't get access to, for starters. As of half an hour ago they still weren't working.

So, is there a solution? If not, when will one be available? Until then, will installing Firefox 5 get me out of trouble? Is Firefox 5 still available? (Rhetorical question - I'll go looking for it. With any luck I will find it somewhere.) My livelihood depends on restoring access to these two websites. Headache tablets, anyone?

New Contributor

`

I installed Firefox 5.0 and ran all the diagnostics. Everything came up clear - but STILL no access to my broker and still no streaming data.

`