cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe flash plugin keeps crashing. Please help!

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Adobe flash plugin keeps crashing. Please help!

So my adobe flash plugin apparently keeps crashing and this has been going on for awhile now. When I watch videos on youtube, the audio will stutter. Sometimes the video will crash too and whenever I watch a video on teennick.com, the video is constantly freezing and/or crashing. I've tried using the 'safe mode" version of firefox and the problem still happens. This is so frustrating, someone please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Adobe flash plugin keeps crashing. Please help!

acidhead, Thanks for reporting your solution to Flash lockups, which included reinstalling the Flash plugin after first doing a complete uninstall, including manual removal of leftover Flash files and folders.

For the benefit of others reading, Adobe includes instructions for uninstalling Flash on Windows in their own help article (linked from the Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems Firefox article) which is:

132 REPLIES
Grand Master

We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash ID's to help us learn more about your crash.

1. Enter about:crashes in the address bar (that's where you enter your website URL) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
  2. Copy the 5 most recent crash ID's that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your response here.

Thank you for your help!

More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.

New User

and always update your mozilla and flash

New User

They are both already updated

New User

Here are the crash reports

e0721efc-982a-4c21-b750-91f3facae78a
82aa8f83-7912-4664-82a2-a3ed6b132c69
b80d1bb7-2355-45d6-bf60-d16010c87ece
bp-7b92c841-057c-4ea5-a964-7fa3b2130816
bp-e73c1578-1fcb-4149-959d-d63912130816
Grand Master
New User

I've already tried re-installing firefox and flash, they are both up to date. I've done the disable hardware acceleration and I'm pretty sure I do not have real player installed. I think I've tried updating my graphics driver recently and it was already up to date. I think I've tried everything, and nothing seems to work. This really sucks.

New User

If I downgrade to another version of flash, wouldn't that make my computer vulnerable?

Grand Master

As long as you have a good antivirus you should be fine, this is mainly for troubleshooting.

Have you seen if disabling "protected mode" helps?

New User

Okay I downgraded Flash to 10.3 I believe and I'm not having issues with videos (so far). Yet, my audio still stutters sometimes. It's weird because it will go through the whole video, song or whatever and the audio will start stuttering towards the end.