cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe flash plugin crashes when I open Frontierville in Facebook

Highlighted
Grand Master

Adobe flash plugin crashes when I open Frontierville in Facebook

9 out of ten times that I open Frontierville in Facebook I get an error that says "Adobe Flash plugin has crashed". I have reinstalled the plugin numerous times. I cleared my cache. Finaly, after 2 days of this I uninstalled and reinstalled both Firefox and Adobe Flash. Still the same problem. This is getting ridiculous, what can I do?

URL of affected sites

http://

20 REPLIES
Shooting Star

Re: Adobe flash plugin crashes when I open Frontierville in Facebook

Hello Wildfyre.

You need to contact Adobe for support on their Flash player plugin.

Site Moderator

Did you use the Flash uninstaller?

Flash Player uninstall: http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157 (this will remove the Firefox Flash plugin and the ActiveX control for IE)

Grand Master

I started having the same problem playing a few of the games on my facebook the last few days, I took notice after a update came in for my firefox. So what I did was: Go to this site http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php and download to my PC "Firefox 3.6.3" it's and older version of firefox. The newest version is just one version higher"3.6.4".

Ok once you have it downloaded and saved it to your PC, go to your add and remove programs and uninstall the Firefox version you have on your PC. I find it's good to clean my registry after I uninstall anything, I use CCleaner for that. It's free online, just Google it. After you have uninstalled and used CCleaner, go to where you saved your firefox download, and run the program. 

It's just that easy. Everything is working fine now.

Good LUCK.... BracGypsy.

)
Grand Master

I have same problem.

Shooting Star

If you are having a problem with Adobe Flash Player, you need to contact Adobe for support. They are the ones who develop it.

Grand Master

Thank you BracGypsy! Going back to the old version of Firefox fixed it! :-)

Grand Master

Firefox developers, it seems to me that if the older version of Firefox running with the newest version of Flash player fixes the problem, this is not an issue Adobe can fix. You need to find the issue in 3.6.4 that causes Flash Player to work differently than in 3.6.3, and solve that issue. This is your responsibility.

Shooting Star

Anonymous2, while I understand your point of view, you need to understand that plugins are made for the browsers, not the other way around. You'll see that you have different Flash installers for Internet Explorer and for Firefox, for example. This is a clear indicator of how Adobe (in Flash's case) has to make different versions of Flash for different browsers. All plugins are the same, even though this example may not apply to all of them. Plugins are made to be inserted in the browsers, not the other way around. So if Flash is having some sort of problem with Firefox, you need to contact Adobe. They will make sure Firefox developers fix any eventual bugs, if they find that it's not their fault, don't worry.

Grand Master

I've tried contacting Adobe and had no luck.

Thankfully some people on here are more helpful than Morbus. I followed BracGypsy's advice and it fixed my problems with Flash as well.

Why would it be Adobe's problem that a Firefox update messed up the way that Flash works inside the browser? They didn't do anything - Firefox did.