Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Flash plugin has crashed, your solution create problem

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Adobe Flash plugin has crashed, your solution create problem

Now a days often Adobe flash crush. I followed the solution exactly as described on your web and downgraded the flash version. After that windows program compatibility assistant started appearing with warning that Yahoo messenger need flash.ocx which is not supported by Windows vista. By following suggested solution by windows I re-installed Macromedia flash but the problem remain same. However, the Adobe flash player crush problem remain there but rarely.

I had been using Yahoo messenger and it was first time I saw such message though I just did changes in Adobe flash by following exact procedure described on Firefox website from uninstall to downgrade flash version.

Conclusion: After downgrading Adobe flash player the crush problem reduced to very minimum. The Windows compatibility assistant kept appearing therefore, once again I updated the flash player to the latest version and re-installed Yahoo messenger. Now only face Adobe flash player crushing problem.

Please share your thoughts or any advice will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Legendary Contributor

Re: Adobe Flash plugin has crashed, your solution create problem

Hello Ari94, try to Disabling Protected Mode in Flash and check it again.

thank you

23 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

I am adding screen shot of Yahoo messenger to my previous question. Though it is in Japanese but there is a little English too which will be helpful to those who could not read Japanese.

2013-08-21-01-38-54-e39331.png
Legendary Contributor

Hello Ari94, try to Disabling Protected Mode in Flash and check it again.

thank you

Support Forum Moderator

What advice did you follow ? can you provide a link.

Try using FlashPlayer with its protected mode disabled (Applies to Windows only after XP)

That involves finding and modifying one of the Adobe files and full instructions are in the linked articles

Regular Contributor

Hi, Thank you for the reply, I will check what you have said. Here is a link This is the link I have used

Thank you

Regular Contributor

Hi, Thank you for the reply. I will try as you said.

Regular Contributor

Hi,

I followed Disabling Protected Mode in Flash 11.3 guide lines but later I got this message flash failed refer screens shot.

At the moment I have roll back the settings in flash.

Thank you

2013-08-22-13-26-45-1e95cb.png
Support Forum Moderator

Does it give that message on all sites you try with Flash content ? and what happens if you wait a little longer.

I suppose stopping responding may be an improvement on crashing.

Not entirely sure what you have done when saying

"At the moment I have roll back the settings in flash. " 

Are you talking about the FlashPlayer protected mode or something else?

Regular Contributor

Hi, thank you for follow up.

Before changing flash file to mms.cfgBAK I was facing flash crash problem some time. Since I made change to mms.cfg the problem increased a lot and on most of the site it started giving flash failed message. I have also waited, Selecting to Continue and Selecting to Stop the Plugin but the problem remain there. Even in the safe mode problem remain there.

Therefore, I made changes in the flash folder as it was before changes.

Now problem occur rarely.

PS: Are you talking about the FlashPlayer protected mode or something else? ( I used Disabling Protected Mode in Flash)

Thank you

Regular Contributor

Hi,

When I used Firefox/Addons/Plugings Shockwave Deactivate on the website flash stream did not work. As soon I Activated on the website flash stream started working.

Now I only get a message Showckwave flash me be busy or it may have stopped responding.

I thought I should share my experience.

Thank you