Highlighted
New Contributor

Is/when firefox available for iPhones?

Is/when Firefox available for iPhone?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: Is/when firefox available for iPhones?

cloin, the Android phones is a option.

A list of tested supported devices is at http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/mobile/platforms/

Note: Do not get one that has a Intel Atom cpu if you want to use mobile Firefox.

Also if you are unsure about the hardware specifications of any phones you are considering, then ask as somebody will help you.

6 REPLIES
Site Moderator

There is no version of Firefox for iOS (the operating system iPhones, iPads and iPods run on) and there are no current plans for it (apple won't allow up to put Firefox on their devices). There may be a Firefox for iOS in the future, but we can't promise that.

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I like the ethos of Mozzilla. I'm used to my iPhone When my contract is up what phone should I choose, so I can use Firefox?

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I like the ethos of Mozzilla. I'm used to my iPhone When my contract is up what phone should I choose, so I can use Firefox?

Site Moderator

Site Moderator

You can purchase an Android Device, which Firefox does run on.

Site Moderator

cloin, the Android phones is a option.

A list of tested supported devices is at http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/mobile/platforms/

Note: Do not get one that has a Intel Atom cpu if you want to use mobile Firefox.

Also if you are unsure about the hardware specifications of any phones you are considering, then ask as somebody will help you.