Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a vertical scroll bar?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Is there a vertical scroll bar?

Swipe scrolling often gets misinterpreted as double click? I would like to see a more positive control for scrolling such as a scroll bar similar to Windows or Scroll Up and Scroll Down buttons.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mozilla Support Contributor

Re: Is there a vertical scroll bar?

Scrolling on a touch screen definitely is an art and not "intuitive." However, I don't recall seeing scroll bars in any Android apps, so perhaps it just isn't done (or not done easily) on that platform?

5 REPLIES
Mozilla Support Contributor

Scrolling on a touch screen definitely is an art and not "intuitive." However, I don't recall seeing scroll bars in any Android apps, so perhaps it just isn't done (or not done easily) on that platform?

Site Moderator

There are scroll location indicators but they are hard to notice as they are dark grey. Scroll bars are not a common interface element on Android. Some apps implement a thumb scroller. We have an open request such an interface element but it has not been implemented yet.

New User

Yes! I now see the scroll bars, they appear right at the right edge and bottom edge of the screen but only when you touch the edge. I can now scroll quite easily having found out how to do it.I am using a stylus to avoid greasy finger prints on the screen. Scrolling seems much more difficult with the stylus and it seems to trigger the zoom function more often than a finger tip. The amount of zoom is also a problem. Firefox also tends to zoom in too far with the double tap.You can zoom in with a double tap in Firefox but how do you zoom out again?

New User

Hi, I cant move the 2 sliders on this calculator website Im referring to the 2 little blue buttons that slide up and down to increase / reduce the number of years.

Im using a Samsung galaxy 10.1 tablet. My wife has an Ipad and they work OK on that.

http://www.mortgagechoice.com.au/home-loans/calculators/home-loan-extra-repayment-calculator.aspx

2013-02-05-15-29-15-488076.png
Site Moderator

This is unrelated to the original question.

However it is a site coding issue. http://www.mortgagechoice.com.au/calculators/scripts/draggable-0.1.js only accepts touch input from Webkit based browsers. This site needs to update their code to work with other mobile browsers besides Webkit.