cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i change the language in firefox 18.0.2??

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do i change the language in firefox 18.0.2??

I have downloaded firefox...but, it came with other language rather than english... How do i change it??

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How do i change the language in firefox 18.0.2??

You did download the en-US version?

You can do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before reinstalling a fresh copy of Firefox.

Download a fresh en-US Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.

Uninstall your current Firefox version, if possible, to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.

• Do NOT remove personal data when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because all profile folders will be removed and you will also lose your personal data like bookmarks and passwords from profiles of other Firefox versions.

Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.

Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure that "remove personal data" is NOT selected when you uninstall Firefox.

If you keep having problems then also create a new profile.

14 REPLIES
Site Moderator

Use https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/ to download the version you want.

New Contributor

Go to Options, then go to Content, then the option near the bottom is, 'Chose your prefered Language'. Do so and it should be fine.

Support Forum Moderator

If you are on Firefox for Android what locale is the phone set to? Currently Firefox for Android supports several locales.

• Czech (cs)
  • Danish (da)
  • Finnish (fi)
  • Korean (ko)
  • Italian (it)
  • Norwegian (nb-NO)
  • Dutch (nl)
  • Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR)
  • Portuguese (pt-PT)
  • Russian (ru)
  • German (de)
  • Spanish (es-ES)
  • French (fr)
  • Japanese (ja)
  • Polish (pl)

Coming in Firefox 19

• Chinese (zh-CN)
  • Chinese traditional (zh-TW)

We are working on increasing the number of locales we can support. We hope soon we can support all the languages present on the current Nexus devices.

New Contributor

I dont know where the 'option' is because i can recognise the language...please help !!

Site Moderator

Support Forum Moderator

Go into your Android Settings and check the Language settings.

New Contributor

well, im using firefox for win 7.. please, help me change the language... I guess, its german language installed here...

New Contributor

I'm also having the same problem and none of these suggestions are working. Mine is only in Chinese and no matter what I do I cannot change the language- I've gone to options, I've reinstalled using the 'English' version, I've deleted the Chinese input method and still nothing. I'm currently located in China but this is getting stupid.

Support Forum Moderator

If you go to the Android language settings what locale is the phone set to?