cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I activate flash in firefox mobile beta?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I activate flash in firefox mobile beta?

I'm unable to view any video on youtube

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Senior Contributor

Re: How do I activate flash in firefox mobile beta?

[Edited by Moderator] Firefox for Android now supports Flash, see How do I watch Flash videos with Firefox for Android? and How do I watch Flash videos with Firefox for Android?

Thanks, Michelle

28 REPLIES
Expert Contributor

Update: The latest pre-release version from the Aurora channel supports Flash on Android 2 and on Android 4. (Flash is not working yet on Android 3 "Honeycomb" devices.)

Sorry, Firefox 4 beta for Android is not compatible with Flash. We will work with Adobe to add Flash support to a future version.

New Contributor

Can you please tell me if there is any idea when this will be done. I bought my wife, who is disabled, a Samsung Tab for Christmas.

She is very upset she can not got to her ministry websites and play videos there, because they are all flash.

Help Please!

Expert Contributor

rwatts77, we don't have a schedule planned for when Firefox and Flash will be compatible on Android.

You can download Flash from the Android Market, and it will work with the built-in browser for your wife's Galaxy Tab, and with several other browsers available from the Market.

New Contributor

I'm a little bit disappointed, I though Firefox was in the forefront of the progress

New Contributor

It is. Have you seen the amazing breakthroughs in the latest version of Firefox? I too was a little bummed out at the lack of Flash but considering HTML 5 will soon over-take Flash, well, Firefox 4 Mobile is in the forefront of progress, but websites still using flash videos need to catch up.

For now it's probably best to follow mbrubeck's advice and stick with the default android browser.

New Contributor

I use both the default browser that came with my EVO and Firefox. FF is my primary browser and if I come to a page that wants me to use flash, I switch to the default browser. There is a specific You Tube app for android if that's what you want to view the most.

That being said.... those are work-arounds and it would be MUCH NICER if I could just use FF for everything.

~L

New Contributor

Wow, disabled wife, Christmas and religion all in one breath. Well nobody else will say it so I will: nobody cares about your sob story so quit using your wife for sympathy. Next time do better research before letting down your wife.

New Contributor

This is a pretty huge fail on Mozilla's part. Finally, when iPhone and Android get flash support, Mozilla decides to compete in the mobile browser market and falls way short of being a contender. HTML5 isn't widely adopted and won't be for years, and until then Flash will continue to be on top. How does anyone release a browser for any platform and not include support for Flash these days? It makes Firefox for Android almost completely useless - the browser should have been held back for release, or at least held in a beta stage, until Flash support was included. I was looking forward to this browser and to try out the sync options with my desktop - but I can already do that with Chrome and Android and I get flash support. Is Mozilla slipping?

New Contributor

"almost completely useless"? Are you kidding me? It's actually quite good. I went looking for it as soon as I got my XOOM because a site I was trying to use wasn't rendering great in the built-in browser (Chrome variant I guess). At any rate it did suck when I followed a link to a Youtube video and it showed that a plugin was required and wouldn't at least launch the Youtube app. However, even despite that it is my default browser.