cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I download Firefox on Ipad using Safari?

Highlighted
Grand Master

How can I download Firefox on Ipad using Safari?

I got error message Safari cannot download this program, how can I using Firefox on my Ipad??

locking this old thread - has been answered repeatedly

Tags (1)
27 REPLIES
New User

Re: How can I download Firefox on Ipad using Safari?

Mobile Firefox does not support the iPad, just like it doesn't support the iPhone.

Grand Master

You're kidding me! No way! Do you know when it will?

Expert User

We can't deliver Firefox itself to iPhone users because of Apple's restrictions. However, Mozilla has created an iPhone app that will sync bookmarks/tabs/history from Firefox to your iPhone. This app will be released next month. For details, see:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms

Grand Master

wish i'd known of apple's restrictions. i just opened the box and am trying to figure out why i bought the iPad. i'm not an iPhone user - AT&T service is so bad in the Santa Fe NM USA area.

Grand Master

Safari is a completely useless browser and is the single reason will never purchase another apple product. No support for half of the protocols out there, simply because they can't figure out how to secure the browser appropriately, is a pathetic excuse in this day and age. Apple should get off their egos and enable a full web experience or at least warn the potential buyer of e crap browser they are forced to use. Solution: don't buy apple until they disclose ALL info about the product you are buying...it's sad enough that they charge you 10% for trying to return a faulty product, faulty given the false advertising and poor browsing experience with their products.

Grand Master

Why can't we have firefox on the iPad?

Expert User

Apple's restrictions on iPhone and iPad apps do not allow us to distribute a web browser like Firefox that uses its own JavaScript and HTML interpreters.

Grand Master

How can I connect iPad with hdmi cable

Grand Master

Two statements here are very contradictory, especially since Safari uses standards based protocols. The issue is Firefox is using ITS own interpreters...which is what Apple currently does not allow.