Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Disable Or Remove "Top Sites"

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

How To Disable Or Remove "Top Sites"

The "top sites" feature is a nice idea, but most of the time I don't use it.

So I was wondering if it's possible to disable or remove it.

If not, could a extension be created, to disable or remove it?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Site Moderator

Re: How To Disable Or Remove "Top Sites"

As of right now that is not customizable. This may be possible in future versions.

13 REPLIES
Site Moderator

As of right now that is not customizable. This may be possible in future versions.

New User

I would love to see a solution to this as well.

New User

What good is clearing my history if I can't take even a single damned thing out of the "top sites"??!!! Major, unbelievable, oversight. Absolutely ridiculous.

New User

I hope they can add an option 'to remove/disable' or 'to clear' the long list of sites in Top Sites. I find it to be useless.

New User

I've been a Firefox user for years and one reason I chose Firefox was that I could control my privacy. After installing the Android app and syncing my account I discover that despite setting maximum privacy options in the browser including no-history I have actually been tracked the whole time, but not only that but will constantly have my "top sites" shoved in my face every time I use it, AND that I have no ability to modify or delete these either.

I'm going to live in Google-incognito. You've lost a previously loyal user with this heavy handed nonsense.

New User

Inept

New User

unintalled fiefox. waiting for future version that have better privacy. My tablet is shared and I do not want people what top sites I visit.

New User

There is a way to delete individual entries in "Top Sites".

Tap and hold on the site name in the list. A popup should appear showing, OPEN IN NEW TAB, SHARE, REMOVE, ADD TO HOME SCREEN

The REMOVE option will delete the site from the list.

New User

You can delete all top sites (and everything else) from Android settings. Go to Settings>Apps>Firefox>Clear data

This for sure also deletes bookmarks, cookies, passwords and so on.