cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does firefox for mobile (on android) support adobe flash player?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New User

Does firefox for mobile (on android) support adobe flash player?

I wish to view videos on you tube using adobe flash player from my HTC Desire running android 2.2, but need to know if this browser supports adobe flash player.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New User

Re: Does firefox for mobile (on android) support adobe flash player?

Hey, Firefox. If you see so many leave firefox for other browsers for this reason, why don't you add it? It's Feb 19, 2012. Still no Flash on my Xoom tablet firefox. Hurry, quick!

31 REPLIES
Expert User

Update: Firefox for Android now includes supports for Flash content. You'll need the Adobe Flash plugin, which is no longer available in the app market, but you can still download it directly from Adobe. For details, see How do I watch Flash videos with Firefox for Android?

New User

@mbrubeck...many thanks to you

New User

Hi mbrubeck - I know that HTML5 is supposed to be the way forward, but I'd like to echo brysil's thoughts. Android is becoming hugely popular and there's many web sites that will still use flash for their content for the next few years. Most of the sites I visit, for my job and for pleasure, use flash. Though the browser that comes with android already supports flash, I'd REALLY like to use Firefox as the snyc is great and it would make life so much easier. If you guys would pursue getting a flash plug-in, I think Firefox would soon become THE browser for Android.

New User

Awe man, I was so excited when I discovered my favorite desktop browser was available for Android. My first thought was replacing Dolphin HD which I love but it is a bit slow. But with no Flash then it is almost no use for me. I guess I will stick with Dolphin as my default and the stock browser (both of which support flash on my EVO) for its quickness until Firefox gets a Flash plugin ready.

New User

I just wanted to also show support for a future Flash support. I really like the Firefox mobile browser, but am unable to use it as my primary because of this limitation. Thanks for the answer, and I look forward to its support.

New User

Very disappointing, I was set to make Firefox my default browser until I discovered that it does not support flash. I guess I will have to go back to Dolphin which does support it. You need to fix this quickly as there are still too many sites using Flash. Support for Flash was one of the reasons I did not opt for an iPhone and chose Android instead when I left Windows Mobile.

New User

I guess we shouldnt just expect it to run flash. I made firefox my default browser and BOOM no flash? REALLY? changed back to dolphin,.

New User

very very disappointing.... I think no one will use it if it does not support flash. Mozilla firefox is a very popular browser in PC but it is quite embarrassing the Android version lacks the Flash Supprt. Uninstalling it now.

New User

I really don't mind not having flash on my mobile phone. I mean what's so bad about having to play videos in the youtube app. And then who needs flash games when we have the whole android market. As controlling as apple and wp7 are, they had a good reason for keeping flash off of their phones. It just makes everything laggy, and who wants those flash ads anyway?